Sunday, November 2, 2008

Yahoo! Avatars

Just got through Teen Read Week. What a great way to have a week fly. Mon-Tues-Wed had kids vote. 1100 of 1200 students voted. Of course my Library Club students did all the work, I just happen to be the great overseer. It's good to be the Librarian. One of my art teachers drew this wonderful poster of books with bite. Two vampire books growling. The kids went crazy. We were giving away fangs with each book checked out. We kept running out of fangs. I had only one student checking out books and returning them right away to get the fangs. Put a stop to this quickly, she was defeating the purpose. Friday we had a Jack-0-lantern carving contest and a "what scares you story contest" We had some great entries. We also had an essay contest for Hispanic History month and that was pretty successful also. The Hispanic essay winner received a CD/boom box and the pumpkin carver and scary story writer received movies (Iron Man and Jurassic Park). Overall, my week flew. May I'm not really growing old, I'm just really, neatly, busy!

No comments: